The final update to the Statewide Financial System (SFS) Program Agency Implementation Guide has been released.
This Guide serves as the primary source of information for State agencies for the planning, development and implementation of the Statewide Financial System.
The updated document can be found at: http://www.sfs.ny.gov/linked_docs/overviewDocs/agencyImpGuides
This final update includes the following:
- The “Actions Required of Agencies” table has been updated to provide agencies with new actions identified in this release;
- In Section 3.0, information regarding the SFS Program strategy to use native PeopleSoft application security and security provisioning responsibilities that will be used following agency role-mapping activities;
- In Section 11.0, updated information regarding Phase 1 agency Trainers, Training Liaisons, Training Facilitators and Super User roles;
- In Section 13.0, updated information regarding the system conversion/cutover timeline and activities prior to system go-live, including communications, outreach and contingency planning; and
- In Appendix B, minor updates for Credit Memo Processing have been included.
A document Revision History summarizing the changes in this update can be found on pages 6 and 7 of the Guide.
In addition, updates to the Valid Values document and bulkload layouts have been posted to the SFS web site at:
These updates include the following:
- Optional fields have been added to the end of PeopleSoft inbound layouts for use with Revenue Receipts. Agency identifiers were also changed on these layouts from “Source System ID” to “Business Units” except for on the transaction prefix;
- On the M171 layout, the Purchase Contract Number field was expanded from 7 to 25 characters; and
- Several clarifications and refinements were made to notes and descriptions within the layouts that did not affect the layouts themselves.
Future revisions to technical content (e.g., valid values, file layouts, etc.) and Agency Implementation Guide supplements will be posted on the SFS web site at www.sfs.ny.gov as they become available.