Date: November 10, 1999
Bulletin No. 125
|Subject||2000 SEFA Campaign|
|Purpose||To provide instructions for processing payroll deductions for Federated Community Campaigns (SEFA) for the 2000 calendar year.|
|Affected Employees||All employees|
|Effective Date||Payroll deductions for the 2000 campaign will begin in checks dated January 5, 2000 (Administration) and January 13, 2000 (Institution).Payroll deductions for the 2000 campaign will begin in checks dated January 5, 2000 (Administration) and January 13, 2000 (Institution).|
|SEFA Campaign Guidelines||
1. On the supply of printed SEFA cards, the numbers 19
appear as the first two digits of year. This should be crossed off and the
year 2000 reported.
2. Agencies should review the authorization card and verify the completeness, accuracy and legibility of Federated Fund Code, Amount of Deduction, Employee’s Agency Code, Line Number, Social Security Number and Name.
3. The pre-printed Federated Code which appears at the top right of the form should be used as the deduction code. Cards which have been modified should be returned to the employee so they can complete a new card or authorize the deduction for the Federated Fund organization identified by the pre-printed code.
4. The Amount of Deduction should be the amount to be deducted from each paycheck in the calendar year, not the total amount of the pledge.
5. The employee’s social security number should be entered for the employee id.
6. The employee’s signature is required to authorize the payroll deduction.
|Agency Processing Instructions||
Agencies are required to enter the
annual Federated Fund (SEFA) transactions into PaySR on the Gen Deduction
Data (Agency) panel, using the following instructions:
1. After logging into PaySR, access the Gen Deduction Data (Agency) panel by Start - Compensate Employees - Maintain Payroll Data U.S. - Use - Gen Deduction Data (Agency) - Update/Display All.
2. Enter the Social Security No. from the authorization card in the EmplID field of the Dialog Box and click OK.
3. The employee’s ID (ID), employee record number (Empl Rcd#), and Name appear highlighted on the List box. Click Select.
4. Determine if the employee already has a deduction record for the specific Federated Fund No. on the authorization card by scrolling through the deduction codes using the outside scroll bar.
5. Deduction Code - select the correct deduction code for the Federated Fund (SEFA) on the authorization card from the drop down box.
6. Effective Date - enter the effective date for the deduction to begin as follows:
Administration (Lag) - December 9,
7. Deduction Calculation Routine - select Flat Amount from the drop down box.
8. Deduction End Date - enter the deduction end date as follows:
Administration (Lag) - December 6,
9. Flat/Addl Amount - enter the amount to be deducted from each biweekly paycheck.
10. Click the Save button on the toolbar.
|Changes||New employees or employees who wish to start or change a Federated Fund (SEFA) deduction may do so by completing a new authorization card. A payroll general deduction transaction should then be processed to start or change the deduction.|
|Transfers||OSC automatically continues Federated Fund (SEFA) deductions upon transfer from one agency to another. It is only necessary to obtain a new authorization card if the employee wants to contribute to a different Federated Fund (SEFA) Organization in the new agency.|
|Cancellations||To cancel the Federated Fund (SEFA) deduction the Payroll Office must enter a Deduction End Date. Cancellation Notices must be retained by the agency.|
|For More Information||
Questions regarding this bullet may be directed to the
Payroll Deductions mailbox.
Federated Fund (SEFA) Code Listing
Federated Fund (SEFA) Code Listing Alphabetic