Date: April 4, 2000
Bulletin No. 153
|Subject||April 2000 Performance Advances for CSEA and PS&T Units and Longevity Payments for CSEA|
|Purpose||To explain OSC’s automatic processing and provide instructions for payments not processed automatically|
|Affected Employees||CSEA employees in the Administrative (02), Operational (03), Institutional (04) and Division of Military and Naval Affairs (47) Bargaining Units and PS&T (05) employees|
3/30/2000 for Administration pay period 1 Lag, checks
4/6/2000 for Institution pay period 1 Lag, checks dated 5/4/2000.
Agreements between the State and CSEA
and PS&T Bargaining Units provide for the payment of Performance
Advances and Longevity Payments in April.
CSEA AND PS&T
CSEA and PS&T performance advances are payable to employees whose base annual salary is below the job rate for their current position, who complete one year of service in such position by March 31, 2000 and who were rated "Satisfactory" or its equivalent on their last annual evaluation date.
Employees who occupy positions in CSEA bargaining units who complete 5 or 10 years of continuous service as defined by Section 130.3(c) of the Civil Service Law, whose base annual salary is equal to or greater than the job rate for their position are eligible for a longevity payment. The payment is effective from the first day of the period following the completion of the required service. For employees with an increment code of 1995 who have had continuous paid service, the longevity payment is effective 3/30/2000 for Administration and 4/6/2000 for Institution.
|OSC Automatic Actions Period 1||
OSC will automatically apply the Performance Advance, from the appropriate October 1, 1998 CSEA or PS&T Salary Schedule, based on the four digit increment code in the employee’s record. The Action/Reason code will be Pay Rt Chg/Perf Adv (PAV) with an effective date of 3/30/2000 for Administration and 4/6/2000 for Institution.
The Performance Advance row will be inserted in the employee’s record after OSC has approved all Job Requests submitted in period 1.
NS employees who are equated to a grade will not receive automatic performance advances or longevity payments.
OSC will correct, if applicable all rows entered directly on Job Data by agencies, when the effective dated row is greater than 3/30/2000 for Administration and 4/6/2000 for Institution.
For CSEA employees with an increment code of 1995 and a salary at or above the job rate and below the 1st Longevity Step, OSC will automatically apply a 5 year longevity step ($750 not to exceed the 2nd longevity step) in pay period 1 Lag. The Action/Reason code will be Pay Rt Chg/Long Pay (LGP) with an effective date of 3/30/2000 for Administration and 4/6/2000 for Institution.
OSC has identified employees who reached the Job Rate 4/1/95 and had subsequent breaks in service (complete pay periods). The increment code was changed by OSC to reflect the appropriate year. The agency is responsible for requesting the Longevity payment in the appropriate pay period using the Action/Reason of Pay Rt Chg/Long Pay (LGP).
After OSC completes the audit for
Administration period 26 and Institution period 27, agencies will receive
the following listing:
1. Employees whose Position number and NYS Position number are the same and the Job Data record does not match the Position Data record (Barg. Unit, Sal Admin Plan and Grade). Agencies will receive this list only if applicable.
After period 1L is processed, agencies will receive the following listings:
1. Employees who received the automatic increase.
2. Employees who did not receive an automatic increase (i.e. increment code missing, FIS missing, FIS below current, sal below minimum)
3. CSEA employees with increment codes of 1991 in their records. This listing indicates employees who are projected to receive a 10 year longevity payment sometime during the 2000-2001 fiscal year.
|Agency Instructions Period 1||
1. For Employees whose Position number
and NYS Position number are the same and the Job Data record does not match
the Position Data record (Barg. Unit, Sal Admin Plan and Grade) the agency
must request a Position Change using the appropriate reason code, the
pre-incremented salary and the "current" (April 2000) increment
code. The agency must determine the change in position based on one of the
A. If the employee’s Job Data panel (grade, bargaining unit or salary admin plan) is incorrect and the Position Data panel contains the appropriate information for the employee, the agency must request a Position Change and enter the employee’s position number on the Job Action Request Panel. This change will update the employee’s Job Data Panel to reflect the position information.
B. If the employee should be in a NYS position, the agency must request a position change and enter the appropriate NYS position in the NYS Position field on the Job Action Request Panel.
C. If the employee should be moved to another position, the agency must request a position change and enter the appropriate Position number on the Job Action Request Panel.
2. For NS employees who are equated to grades and due a performance advance or longevity payment, the agency must request a Pay Rt Chg using the reason of Perf Adv (ADV) or Long Pay (LGP).
3. For Position or Pay Changes resulting in a change in annual salary effective on or before the first day of period 1L, the agency must NOT include the Performance Advance/Longevity Payment in the Salary Rate on the Job Action Request Panel. The increment code must be the increment code for April 2000. OSC will apply an automatic Performance Advance or Longevity payment based on the increment code submitted.
If applicable the automatic increase will be applied AFTER OSC has approved all Job Requests submitted in period 1.
4. For Position or Pay Changes resulting in a change in annual salary effective AFTER the first day of period 1, the agency must include the automatic Performance Advance or Longevity payment in the requested salary on the Job Request Panel and report the projected increment code for 2001.
5. For employees rated Unsatisfactory and who are NOT due an automatic performance advance or longevity payment in period 1, agencies must request a Data Change on the Job Action Request Panel, using the Reason Unsat (USP) and enter the increment code 0003.
|Time Entry||To report earnings (e.g: overtime), it is necessary to enter multiple rows if the earnings dates being reported overlap the effective date of the Performance Advance or Longevity Payment. The first row must be inserted to report earnings prior to the first day of period 1. A second row must be inserted to report earnings effective on or after period 1.|
Questions regarding the entitlement and
processing of Performance Advances and Longevity Payments may be directed
to the Salary Determination mailbox.
Questions regarding Time Entry processing may be directed to the Payroll Audit mailbox.