1. Group 1 & Group 2 Interfaces
2. Retention of Item Numbers in PaySR 7/7/97
|Bulletin No. 1|
|PaySR will conduct a meeting on Thursday, July 10, 9-10 a.m. in Meeting Room 5 at the
Empire State Plaza for those Agencies that have questions regarding the information in
this Bulletin. If you plan to attend, RSVP by Wednesday morning, July 9 to Theresa Flynn
at 473-4869 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Group 1 and Group 2 Interfaces
At the May Agency meetings, PaySR previewed the options under consideration for entering data into PaySR for Group 1, 2 and 3 transactions. This Bulletin will address how PaySR will accept data for these transactions.
PaySR announced at the May meetings that for Group 3 transactions:
For Group 1 and 2 transactions, PaySR considered several methods for capturing this data.
The following three methods remain viable options for Agencies:
Criteria for Data Capture by OSC
The availability of this option responds to Agencies' concern regarding the work load to enter Group 1 and 2 transactions. PaySR has established the following criteria for using this option:
Eligibility - Only those Agencies that currently have their own in-house automated personnel/payroll systems will be eligible to use this option. Those Agencies that do not have automated payroll systems will enter data directly on-line into PaySR.
Deadlines - To allow for PaySR processing of the Group 1 and 2 data, Agencies will be required to submit their files for these transactions earlier in the payroll cycle than data is currently submitted. The schedule for submissions will be determined shortly.
Last Minute Changes - If Agencies wish to submit additional Group 1 and 2 transactions beyond this deadline, they must enter them directly on-line in PaySR.
Staff Availability - Agencies must have staff available to respond to OSC questions on the data submitted during specified time periods.
The following two options for Group 1 and Group 2 transactions have been explored and determined not to be feasible at this time.
Next Step for PaySR
1. Finalize design of group 1, 2, and 3 interface files. Get layout to Agencies by Sept. 1997.
Next Steps for Agencies with Automated Payroll Systems:
1. Consider the volume and timing cycle of your Agency's Group 1 and Group 2 transactions (particularly last minute transactions) and decide among the three options available for providing this data to PaySR. Please notify your PaySR Representative of your decision by August 1, 1997.
2. Based on the primary option selected for Group 1 and 2 transactions and the continued need to enter deductions on-line in PaySR, determine the need for and location of PaySR workstations in your Agency for both data capturing and querying.
3. If using the Data Capture by OSC Option, include the development and testing of code
by January 1998 in your implementation work plan.
In response to feedback from Agencies, PaySR is building a "crosswalk" to
enable Agencies to retain the use of line item numbers in addition to position numbers.
The line item number field will be added to the position data panel. It will also be added
as an alternate search key, enabling users to enter a line item number as an on-line
search criteria. PaySR's conversion process will populate each position's line item