Date: September 21, 2001
Bulletin No. 272
|Subject||October 2001 Performance Advances for Employees Represented by CSEA, DC-37 and PEF|
|Purpose||To explain OSC's automatic processing and provide instructions for payments not processed automatically.|
Employees in the Following Bargaining Units (BU's):|
Administrative (BU 02)
Operational (BU 03)
Institutional (BU 04)
Division of Military and Naval Affairs (BU 47)
Rent Regulation Services (BU 67)
Professional, Scientific and Technical Services Unit (BU 05)
September 27, 2001 for Administration
pay period 14L, checks dated October 24, 2001.
October 04, 2001 for Institution pay period 14L, checks dated November 01, 2001.
Agreements between the
State and CSEA, DC-37 and PEF provided for the payment of performance advances
to employees who serve at least one year, but not more than one and one-half
years, before a performance advance is paid.
OSC will automatically apply the Performance Advance from the appropriate April 1, 2001 CSEA, DC-37 or PS&T Salary Schedule, based on the four-digit increment code in the employee's record. The Action/Reason code will be either Pay Rt Chg/Perf Adv (PAV) for employees with an increment code of 1001, or Pay Rt Chg/Prom Recal (PMR) for employees with an increment code of 1004, and have an effective date of September 27, 2001 (Administration) and October 4, 2001 (Institution).
The performance advance row will be inserted in the employee's record after OSC has approved all Job Requests submitted for period 14L.
NS employees who are equated to a grade will not receive automatic performance advances.
The following Reveal reports will be
available for agency review the week of October 15, 2001 for Administration and
October 22, 2001 for Institution payrolls. All reports will be sorted by agency
code and then by employee name, in alphabetical order.
Mass Increment Payment Report (NHRP704) - This Report will identify all employees who received the automatic increment payments. The report will show the employees' increased salary. Other fields on the report include Emplid, Employee Record #, Employee Name, Grade, Barg Unit, Pay Basis Code, Part Time Percentage, Action Reason and Increment Code.
Mass Increment Payment Exception Report (NHRP708) - This report will identify employees who did not receive an automatic performance advance. Fields on the report include Emplid, Employee Record #, Employee Name, Grade, Barg Unit, Pay Basis Code, Part Time Percentage and FTA Salary. The report will identify the reason the performance advance was not applied by producing one of the following messages:
- FIS Missing
- FIS Below Current
- Increment Code Missing
- Increment Not Applied
- Salary Below Minimum
- Position and Job do not match
1. A request must be made on the Job Action
Request panel using Action/Reason code of Pay Rt Chg/Perf Adv (PAV) for NS
employees who are equated to grades and due an increment effective September 27,
2001 (Administration) or October 4, 2001 (Institution).
2. For Position or Pay Changes resulting in a change in annual salary effective on or before the first day of period 14L, the agency must NOT include the Performance Advance Payment in the Salary Rate on the Job Action Request Panel. The increment code must be the increment code for October 2001. OSC will apply an automatic Performance Advance based on the increment code submitted.
3. For Position or Pay Changes resulting in a change in annual salary effective AFTER the first day of period 14L, the agency must include the automatic Performance Advance in the requested salary on the Job Request Panel and report the projected increment code for 2002.
4. For employees rated Unsatisfactory and who are NOT due an automatic performance advance in period 14L, agencies must request a Data Change on the Job Action Request Panel, using the Reason Unsat (USP) and enter the increment code 1003.
|Time Entry||To report earnings (e.g., overtime), it is necessary to enter multiple rows if the earnings dates being reported overlap the effective date of the Performance Advance. The first row must be inserted to report earnings prior to the first day of period 14L. A second row must be inserted to report earnings effective on or after period 14L.|
|Questions||Questions concerning performance advance eligibility and processing may be directed to the Salary Determination mailbox.|