Date: November 20, 2001
Bulletin No. 289
|NOTE: THIS BULLETIN IS FOR AGENCIES 2823X, 2855X, 2818X, 10680, 10690, 09000 AND 09180 ONLY|
|Subject||2002 SEFA Campaign For Agencies Participating in the Continuous Giving Pilot Program|
|Purpose||To provide instructions for processing payroll deductions for Federated Community Campaigns (SEFA) for the 2002 calendar year|
Note: Only new participants or employees in this program who wish to change their current deduction amount will require on-line entry.
|Payroll deductions for the 2002 campaign will begin in checks dated January 2, 2002 (Administration) and January 10, 2002 (Institution).|
|SEFA Campaign Guidelines||
1. Agencies must review the
authorization card and verify the completeness, accuracy and legibility of
Federated Fund Code, Amount of Deduction, Employee's Agency Code, Social
Security Number and Name.
2. The pre-printed Federated Code, which appears at the top right of the form, must be used as the deduction code. Cards, which have been modified, should be returned to the employee so they can complete a new card.
3. The Amount of Deduction is the amount to be deducted from each paycheck in the calendar year, not the total amount of the pledge.
4. The employee's signature is required to authorize the payroll deduction.
|Agency Processing Instructions||
Note: Only new participants or employees
in this program who choose to change their current deduction amount will require
Process new or changed SEFA deduction information as follows on the Gen Deduction Data (Agency) panel as follows:
1. After logging into PaySR, access the Gen Deduction Data (Agency) panel by Go - Compensate Employees - Maintain Payroll Data U.S. - Use - Gen Deduction Data (Agency) - Update/Display All.
2. Enter the Social Security No. from the authorization card in the Empl ID field of the Dialog Box and click OK.
3. The employee's ID (empl ID), employee record number (Empl Rcd#), and Name appear highlighted on the List box. Click Select.
4. Determine if the employee already has a deduction record for the specific Federated Fund No. on the authorization card by scrolling through the deduction codes using the outside scroll bar.
If a record with the same Federated Fund (SEFA) deduction code already exists, click on the top of the inner scroll bar, insert a row and continue with step 6.
If there is not an existing row for this Federated Fund (SEFA) deduction code, click on the outer scroll bar, insert a row and continue with step 5.
5. Deduction Code - select the correct deduction code for the Federated Fund (SEFA) on the authorization card from the drop down box.
6. Effective Date - enter the effective date for the deduction to begin as follows:
Administration (Lag) - 12/06/2001
Institution (Lag) - 12/13/2001
Administration (Current) - 12/20/2001
Institution (Current) - 12/27/2001
7. Deduction Calculation Routine - select Flat Amount from the drop down box.
8. Deduction End Date - do not enter an end date.
9. Flat/Addl Amount - enter the amount to be deducted from each biweekly paycheck.
10. Click the Save button on the toolbar.
|Changes||New employees or employees who wish to start or change a Federated Fund (SEFA) deduction may do so by completing a new authorization card. A payroll general deduction transaction should then be processed to start or change the deduction.|
|Transfers||OSC automatically continues Federated Fund (SEFA) deductions upon transfer from one agency to another. It is only necessary to obtain a new authorization card if the employee wants to contribute to a different Federated Fund (SEFA) Organization in the new agency.|
|Cancellations||To cancel the Federated Fund (SEFA) deduction the Payroll Office must insert a row with a Deduction End Date. Cancellation Notices must be retained by the agency.|
|Questions||Questions regarding this bulletin may be directed to the Payroll Deductions mailbox.|