Payment Amount and Eligibility Criteria
Payment Amount/Eligibility Period
A $175.00 Tool Allowance payment is payable for the period April
1, 2005 through March 31, 2006.
A Tool Allowance payment is payable to eligible salaried employees
who are Active on the payroll in an eligible agency and title on
the effective date of payment, June 30, 2006.
Employees who are on approved Leave (including those on Workers’
Compensation Leave) on June 30, 2006 are eligible for the 2006 payment
upon return to work, provided the return to the payroll is prior
to April 1, 2007.
Pursuant to an understanding between the Governor’s Office
of Employee Relations and the Civil Service Employees Association,
the Tool Allowance provision in Article 49.2c of the Agreement shall
apply to hourly employees who meet the following criteria:
- Worked for at least nine (9) continuous months, half or more
time, prior to June 30, 2006;
- Performed duties of automotive repair;
- Are required by the State to provide a personal tool inventory
for use in the performance of his or her job; and
- Are Active on the payroll at the time of the payment.
- Department of Transportation
- Division of State Police
- Office of General Services
- Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation
- Motor Equipment Mechanic
- Maintenance Assistant Mechanic
- Auto Body Mechanic
- Motor Equipment Maintenance Supervisor
- Motor Equipment Maintenance Supervisor 1
- Aircraft Mechanic
- Construction Equipment Mechanic
- Employees in General Mechanic and Park Worker titles who perform
motor equipment repair duties and are required to provide a personal
Miscellaneous Payment Information
The Tool Allowance payment is not pensionable and is not included
in the calculation of overtime.
The Tool Allowance payment using the receipted method is not subject
to income and employment taxes.
The Tool Allowance payment using the unreceipted method will be
included in the employee’s regular paycheck, is subject to
payroll taxes and is reported as ordinary income on the employee’s