Date: December 4, 2001
Bulletin No. CU-123
|Subject||Contribution Status Change for Tier 3 and Tier 4 Members of NYCERS (New York City Employees' Retirement System)|
|Purpose||To provide agencies with procedures to change the contribution status of affected employees.|
|Affected Employees||Tier 3 and Tier 4 members of NYCERS with 10 years of membership or credited service who have been identified as eligible by the Retirement System.|
|Immediately - based on the date provided by NYCERS in the Certification Letter.|
NYCERS will provide agencies with
Certification Letters to identify eligible employees. Upon receipt of such
letters, the agency must change the eligible employee's record as follows:
1. Open the Retirement Plans panel. (Path: Go-Compensate Employees-Administer Base Benefits-Use-Retirement Plans-Update/Display All)
2. Enter employee's EmplID in search box.
3. Click OK.
4. Select the correct Empl Rcd# from the list box.
5. Click Select.
6. Using the outer scroll bar, find the row associated with 7U (New York City Employees Rtrmnt).
7. Click on the middle scroll bar.
8. Press the F7 key to insert a row.
9. Enter Begin Date. (Use the beginning date of the current payroll period being processed, or the effective date from the Certification Letter, if later.)
10. Tab to Elect Date. (Enter the actual effective date of the contribution status change provided in the Certification Letter.)
11. The Benefit Plan, Tier, and Reg Nbr. will remain the same.
The remaining instructions are broken down into two sections; the first for annuity contributions only, and the second for annuity and Chapter 96 contributions.
Annuity Contributions - Use the following instructions for those employees who currently contribute only the standard 3% annuity (Option Code SEO).
12. Tab to Contribution Status.
13. Single click on the drop-down box.
14. Single click on Non-Contributing.
15. Tab to Option Code.
16. Single click on the drop-down box.
17. Double click on SNC (Standard No Calculation Option).
18. Press enter to save panel.
19. If additional Empl Rcd#'s need to be changed, click on the List button on the Tool Bar, and return to item #4.
Annuity and Chapter 96 Contributions - Use the following instructions for those employees who currently contribute the standard 3% plus additional monies based on the laws of Chapter 96 (Option Codes SEO, ACO, PTO).
12. The Contribution Status will remain the same.
13. Tab to Option Code.
14. Single click on the drop-down box.
15. Double click on SNC (Standard No Calculation Option).
16. Tab to Percentage. (Leave blank.)
17. Press the F7 key to insert a row.
18. Single click on the new drop-down box.
19. Double click on ACO (Additional Compensation Option).
20. Tab to Percentage. (The 2.85% will populate automatically).
21. If the employee also makes Physically Taxing contributions (Option Code PTO):
a. Press the F7 key to insert a row.
b. Single click on the new drop-down box.
c. Double click on PTO (Physically Taxing Option).
d. Tab to Percentage. (The 1.980% will populate automatically.)
22. Press enter to save panel.
23. If additional Empl Rcd#'s need to be changed, click on the List button on the Tool Bar, and return to item #4.
|Questions||Questions regarding this bulletin may be directed to the University Manager of Payroll Systems and Operations at CUNY Central Office.|