Date: August 24, 2000
Bulletin No. SU-42
Restoration of Contract Pay, Additional Pay and Health Insurance for SUNY
21P Employees 2000-2001
Termination of Summer Session Jobs
|Purpose||To explain automatic processing and agency procedures|
|Affected Employees||Employees in 21P and CAL positions|
|Effective||Check date 9/13/2000|
Restoration Contract Pay and Additional Pay
After the agency cutoff date
(8/29/2000) for period 11L, OSC will automatically insert a row to start a
new contract on the Contract Pay Panel for the 2000-2001 semester for
employees who have, as of 8/17/2000:
1) An employee status of active
The contract dates inserted will be the begin date of 08/17/2000 and end date of 06/06/2001.
If an employee is hired, rehired, or has a position change in pay period 11L with an effective of 08/17/2000, it is not necessary to complete the Contract Pay Panel. OSC will automatically insert the new contract row.
If the end date on any earnings on the Additional Pay Panel is 06/07/2000, OSC will automatically insert a new row for each earnings with the new begin and end dates for the contract period.
If the employee already has a row on the Contract Pay Panel or the Additional Pay Panel effective 8/17/2000, OSC will not automatically insert a row.
|Health Insurance||Health Insurance will have an effective dated row automatically inserted with an effective date of 8/17/2000.|
Actions in Period 11L for 21P’s and 12L for CAL’s
Termination For 21P/CAL Employees
Who Worked Summer Session In A Different Agency:
Employees who worked summer session in another agency must be terminated in the agency where the summer session was worked.
21P/CAL Employees Not Returning For
The Fall Semester:
Newly Appointed Summer Session
Employees Who Are Not Working The Fall Semester:
Pay Basis Code Changes
21P to CAL:
2. Effective 09/01/2000, process a return from leave using the action reason of RFL/RLV.
3. Reclassify the pay basis code on the position to change the
position to CAL effective 9/1/2000 and, if eligible for the 3% raise, submit
a pay change using the action reason of PAY/CFS effective 9/1/2000
CAL to 21P:
2. If the employee is active, submit the earn code BAL (Balance of Contract) in the Time Entry panel. The balance of contract must be paid using the pre-raise salary.
OSC will automatically insert the new contract row on the Contract Pay panel.
|Reporting Retroactive Changes in Pay Basis Code||
For the changes in pay basis code that
are reported on a retroactive basis, the agency must:
21P to CAL:
2. Effective 9/1/2000, return the employee from the leave.
9/1/2000, request a position change to move the employee into a CAL position
4. Earnings on the Additional Pay Panel will automatically end effective 8/17/2000 when the employee is placed on the leave of absence. Agencies must restart earnings effective 9/1/2000.
CAL to 21P:
2. Effective 9/1/2000, request a
position change to move the employee into a 21P position and
enter the following or similar statement in the Status
Reason block, "OSC must change the position number on the corrected
8/17/2000 hire row"
3. Complete the Contract Pay panel using 8/17/2000 as the contract begin date and 6/6/2001 as the contract end date.
4. For earnings on the Additional Pay panel, request a data change (DTA)/ correct history (COR) and enter the following or similar statement in the Status Reason block , "Change the effective date of the earnings in Additional Pay panel to 8/17/2000."
If the employee was on the payroll
as a CAL prior to 9/1/2000:
2. Complete the Contract Pay panel using 8/17/2000 as the contract begin date and 6/6/2001 as the end date.
3. For earnings on the Additional Pay panel, request a data change (DTA) / correct history (COR) and enter the following or similar statement in the Status Reason block, "Change the effective date of the earnings in Additional Pay panel to 8/17/2000".
Adjustments Resulting From
Retroactive Change In Pay Basis Code:
If changing from CAL to 21P, the earnings previously paid as a CAL will be automatically deducted from the 21P earnings due. If the employee worked in the 1999 - 2000 school year, the agency must submit a balance of contract in the Time Entry panel using the earn code BAL to pay the CAL earnings due for the period 08/17/2000 to 08/31/2000.
|Agencies that canceled tax sheltered annuities, federal funds, maintenance (taxable and non-taxable) and union insurances for 21P employees who worked summer session will need to restart these deductions. The effective date to be used is 8/17/2000.|
Agencies Need to Enter Contract Pay and Additional Pay Information
Agencies must enter information on the
Contract Pay Panel and, if applicable, the Additional Pay
21P employee is hired/re-hired after the automatic restoration
Employee has a pay basis code change to 21P after period 11L is processed. A data change (DTA)/correct history (COR) must be requested to change the effective date of the earnings on the Additional Pay panel.
The contract begin date must always be 8/17/2000 and the contract end date must always be 06/06/2001.
|Questions||Questions about this bulletin should be directed to your payroll auditor.|