Guidelines for Participants
These guidelines apply to payees who elect to participate in the Electronic Payments program offered by the NYS Office of the State Comptroller (OSC).
Electronic Payments Instead of Checks
- If you elect to participate in OSC's Electronic Payments program, payments formerly made by check will be made by electronic funds transfer through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network.
- Once you enroll in Electronic Payments, all payments made from the State's general checking account will be made electronically.
- Enrollment in Electronic Payments is voluntary.
Identifying Your Bank Account
- You must complete an Electronic Payment (ePayment) Request Form.
- You can designate a bank account, which will be used for all electronic payments.
- Your Electronic Payment (ePayment) Request Form must be signed and dated by an authorized individual in your organization.
- Attach a voided check to the Request Form and mail the form to OSC at the address provided at the end of these guidelines.
- If you do not attach a voided check, your completed Electronic Payment (ePayment) Request Form must be submitted to your financial institution as directed in the instructions that follow regarding bank account verification.
Verifying Your Bank Account Without Use of a Voided Check
- The financial institution must enter its ACH routing number and your bank account number on the Electronic Payment (ePayment) Request Form.
- An authorized officer of the financial institution must certify that the bank account information is correct.
- The financial institution must submit the completed original Electronic Payment (ePayment) Request Form directly to the Office
of the State Comptroller (OSC), at the address shown at the end
of these guidelines.
Setting Up Electronic Payments
- After OSC receives your Electronic Payment (ePayment) Request Form, it may take up to two weeks to complete the enrollment process.
- OSC will run a test (called a pre-note) against your account
with a zero-dollar transaction. A pre-note confirms that OSC
has entered your account information correctly.
Changing Electronic Payments
- If you change the account designated for electronic payments,
you must submit a new Electronic Payment (ePayment) Request Form, as soon as possible, using the same procedures
as the original document. Check 'Change ePayment Bank Information' in Part II of the form.
- If an electronic payment is returned to OSC due to unreported changes in a bank or bank account, a check will be issued and mailed promptly.
- To change your remit to mailing address, refer to the Vendor Guide to the New York State's Centralized Vendor Management Process for instructions on how to update your remit to address.
Withdrawing from the Program
- If you choose to cancel Electronic Payments (ePayments), you must
notify OSC using the Electronic Payment (ePayment) Request Form or in writing, on letterhead, at the address shown below, or by fax to: Attn: VMU,
(518) 402-4212. You must sign your withdrawal notification.
- After receipt of your withdrawal notification, it may take up to one week to process the request.
All correspondence relating to OSC's Electronic Payments program should be directed to:
Telephone: (855) 233-8363