State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli’s Green Initiative
- Promotes energy efficiency, purchasing low environmental impacts products and reducing government waste to protect the environment and taxpayer dollars.
- Determines whether the implementation of environmental programs by State and local government is consistent with requirements.
- Identifies opportunities for State and local government to protect the environment and save taxpayer dollars.
- Promotes improvement in environmental performance by companies in the Common Retirement Fund (CRF) investment portfolio on crucial environmental issues such as climate change, to protect and enhance the long-term value of the Fund’s assets.
- Invests the CRF in renewable energy and other clean technology companies that meet CRF investment criteria.
- Ensures the State Comptroller’s main office at 110 State Street in Albany is a model of environmental efficiency.