Skip to Content

Login   Subscribe   Site Index   Contact Us   Google Translate™

NYS Comptroller


Foreign Fire Insurance Report Filing

General Municipal Law §30-a requires fire company, fire department, and benevolent association treasurers who receive and use foreign fire insurance tax proceeds (commonly referred to as two percent tax money), distributed pursuant to §§9104 and 9105 of the Insurance Law, to file an annual report of the receipts, expenditures and balances relating to such monies. Questions relating to the NYS Department of Financial Services’ distribution of foreign fire tax monies should be directed to their Bureau of Revenue and Expenses via email at: For assistance with the completion of the annual report form, please call our office at 1-866-321-8503 or (518) 408-4934.

© New York State Office of the State Comptroller