Local Government and School Accountability
Shared Service Training
“How To” Guides to Shared Services and Cooperation
Three Training Sessions Now Available to Local Officials
The Office of the State Comptroller now offers three customized shared services training modules which are available to local officials upon request. If you are interested in any of these training modules, please call the Local Official Training Unit at (518) 473-0005.
1-2 Hour Training Module:
- Explores the "How To’s" of shared services, including laying the ground work to implementing shared services agreement successfully,
- Provides an overview on how to determine the true cost of services,
- Emphasizes cost avoidance strategies and best practices,
- Focuses on how to deal directly with problems and learn from failures, and
- Analyzes key stakeholders and the goals and objectives of shared services.
Half Day Training Module:
- In the half day module, the depth and content of the 1-2 hour training module is expanded to also provide hands on data analysis based on the region and/or municipality requesting the training.
Full Day Training Module:
- In the full day format, in addition to the content provided in the half day training module, participants undertake a case study to help them identify the opportunities of shared services and the steps needed to take to reach a successful shared services agreement.