Tips to Help You Keep Your Money
- Keep your accounts active. More than half of unclaimed accounts are dormant savings accounts — accounts that have had no activity for three years. Make a small deposit or withdrawal every year.
- Cash all checks promptly for utility deposits, dividends, insurance premiums, wages and any other refunds you received.
- Keep accurate financial records.Record all bank accounts, stock certificates, insurance policies, utility and rent deposits, and your safe deposit number.
- Notify all your financial institutions when you move.
- Tell a family member or trusted friend or advisor where you store your financial records.