DiNapoli: 1,500 New State Contracts in June
Open Book New York Gives Public Unprecedented Access to
More Than 60,000 State Contracts
State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli announced today that the state entered into 1,500 new contracts in June 2008, totaling approximately $4.4 billion. Details regarding these contracts can be found in Open Book New York, a new Web site launched in June by DiNapoli.
“Taxpayers are often frustrated by the lack of clear information on how their tax dollars are used. It doesn’t have to be that way,” DiNapoli said. “New Yorkers have the right to know where their tax dollars go, and Open Book New York is a roadmap to help them figure it out.”
Open Book New York (www.openbooknewyork.com) contains searchable databases of more than 60,000 state contracts and spending for more than 100 state agencies. The contracts database can be searched by agency, company, dollar amount or time frame. Contracts data is updated nightly so the public knows in real-time how much has been spent on a particular contract.
The largest contracts approved in June include (for specific questions on these contracts, contact the state agency directly):
- $2,675,613,000 repayment agreement between the Division of the Budget and the State University Construction Fund for the university’s capital plan.
- $870,365,000 contract between the Division of the Budget and the New York State Urban Development Corporation for debt payments for bond series 2008A and 2008B.
- $50,000,000 contract between by the Office of General Services with Fisher Scientific Company LLC for laboratory supplies and equipment.
- $49,280,697 contract between the Department of Transportation and El Sol Contracting/El Sol Enterprises JV for sign and light improvements in Bronx County.
- $36,518,904 contract was entered into by the Office of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities and ARC Montgomery County for services.
- $32,232,762 contract between Office for Technology and Oracle for a software license and services agreement.
- $32,000,000 contract between Long Island Power Authority and Nassau County for a payment in lieu of taxes agreement for the Bethpage 3 Energy Center.
To download an Excel spreadsheet or PDF file of all new June contracts, go to www.openbooknewyork.com. Click on search state contracts. Select (All State Agencies) and under the advanced search feature the time frame of June 2008.