Skip to Content

Office of the New York State Comptroller’s Seal

NYS Comptroller

Thomas P. DiNapoli

Change of Address — Active Members Only

Share This Page:

It’s very important that you keep us informed of your current mailing address so that we can provide you with information which may affect your existing — or any future — benefits.

You can contact us regarding your address change by letter, fax or telephone. Please realize that if your new address includes a PO Box or is located outside of the United States, the request must be in writing (letter or fax).

We cannot accept email requests for a change of address.


When sending a letter to change your address, please complete the Change of Address form (RS5512) Adobe pdf. Make sure you have entered all of the requested information and have signed the form.


Be sure to include your name, old and new address, registration number or last four digits of your social security number, and signature in your correspondence.


If you call us, we’ll ask you questions confirming your identity before we change your address in our records.

Note: If you are receiving retirement benefits from us, please visit our notification of address change for retirees page to learn more.

(Rev. 7/14)