Employer Reporting Basics
After an employee completes his or her portion of the membership application, you complete the employer portion and register the employee in one of three ways:
- Call our Fax Line at 518-486-4382. (It’s available 24 hours a day and if you fax by 3:00 pm, we guarantee we’ll fax you a registration number that same day.)
- Fax the front of the application(s) with a cover sheet containing the date, employer name, sender’s name and sender’s phone & fax numbers.
- Mail the membership application to us so we can complete the registration process.
- Call 518-474-3081 for both ERS and PFRS registrations. Have a completed membership application on hand.
- You will receive a registration number over the phone. Enter the registration number you receive on the application and mail the application to us so we can complete the registration process.
- Mail completed original membership application to us.
- We will process the registration and mail you the employee’s membership information. Note: The mail registration process normally takes two to three weeks to complete.
Regardless of the registration method you choose, please make sure the membership application is filled out in full, signed and notarized before mailing it to us.
Tips to keep in mind:
- If we receive an application with an altered Social Security number, we must obtain a copy of the member’s actual Social Security card to properly register him or her.
- If a member alters the beneficiary part of the application, the member must initial it to keep the form valid.