Workers’ Compensation benefits can be paid to your employees in three different ways. How your employees receive those benefits determines how you report their salary and service to us.
- All payments made directly to the member from Workers’ Compensation, with no salary paid by employer.
- Tier 1: Report full salary that would have been paid and corresponding days worked for up to one year for each incident.
- Tiers 2 through 6: Do not report salary or days worked.
- Part salary paid by the employer and part payments made directly to the member from Workers’ Compensation.
- Tier 1: Report salary paid by employer, Workers’ Compensation and corresponding days worked that would have been reported had the entire amount been paid as salary.
- Tiers 2 through 6: Report only salary paid by employer and the corresponding days worked.
- Full salary paid by employer while the member is on Workers’ Compensation.
- All Tiers: Report full salary and corresponding days worked.
If you are later reimbursed by Workers’ Compensation, salary and service should not be adjusted. If you have any questions, email Employer Reporting.