Skip to Content

Office of the New York State Comptroller’s Seal

NYS Comptroller

Thomas P. DiNapoli

Preparing for Retirement

Share This Page:

Part Six: Filing Your Retirement Application

Filing Your Retirement Application

Prove Your Birth Date With:

  • Birth Certificate;
  • Baptismal Certificate;
  • Enhanced Drive License;
  • Passport;
  • Naturalization Papers; or
  • Military Discharge Papers (DD-214)

You’ll also need proof of your birth date.

You can give us a copy of any of these documents. If you give us the original, we’ll be sure to return it to you.