State Correction Officers and Security Hospital Treatment Assistants Plan
For ERS Tier 1 and 2 Members (Section 89)
How to Stay Informed1
Your retirement benefits are an important part of a solid financial plan. They can help you and your beneficiaries achieve financial security in retirement or in the event of disability or death. Use these tips to help you understand your benefits and stay informed.
- Sign up for E-News, our free email newsletter, for the latest retirement news. It includes a special section dedicated to pre-retirement planning.
- Read the member newsletters we publish for current retirement information and updates on your benefits.
- Review your Member Annual Statement carefully and correct any errors quickly.
- Visit our website frequently to learn about your benefits, download forms, read informative booklets and brochures, and get tips on preparing for retirement.
- Attend a pre-retirement presentation to learn about the retirement process, find out what you can expect and discuss post-retirement issues. At your employer’s request, we offer these presentations designed for members within five years of retirement eligibility.
- Visit any of our consultation sites where you can meet with an Information Representative to discuss special concerns or request specific information.
- Notify us if your mailing address changes, so you can stay up-to-date about benefits. This is especially important if you leave public employment before you are eligible to retire.
- Contact us with any questions you have about your benefits.
1 Updated 3/15