Skip to Content

Office of the New York State Comptroller’s Seal

NYS Comptroller

Thomas P. DiNapoli

Retirees — Notify Us of Your Address Change

Share This Page:

It’s important to keep us informed of your current address. This will ensure that you will receive your monthly retirement benefit check if you are not enrolled in our Direct Deposit program. Having your correct address is important even if you receive your benefit by direct deposit, because it ensures you’ll receive the tax information, annual statement and newsletters we send you.

If you’re not already enrolled in our Direct Deposit program, consider doing so because it’s easy, quick and safe. In most instances, your money is immediately available and you will not have to rely on the Postal Service to deliver your check or wait in long lines at the bank to cash it.

Please Note: The United States Postal Service will only forward your benefit check and other correspondence to another address for a limited time (assuming you have filed a Change of Address Order with them).

You can contact us regarding your address change by letter, fax or telephone. If your new address includes a PO Box or is located outside of the United States, the request must be in writing (letter or fax).

We cannot accept email requests for a change of address.

Letter or Fax:

Be sure to include your name, old and new address, retirement number or last four digits of your social security number, and signature in your correspondence.

Mailing Address:

New York State and Local Retirement System

110 State Street

Albany, NY 12244-0001

Fax Number:



Call Center agents are available every business day from 7:30 am to 4:15 pm.

  • Long-distance within the 50 states, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands, call toll-free: 1-866-805-0990
  • Locally within the Albany, New York area, call: 518-474-7736

We’ll ask you questions confirming your identity before we change your address in our records.

(Rev. 9/15)