Date: April 6, 2000
Bulletin No. 155
|Subject||April 2000 Performance Advances and Longevity Payments for Security Services and Security Supervisors Bargaining Units|
|Purpose||To explain OSC's automatic processing and provide agencies instructions for payments not processed automatically|
|Affected Employees||Security Services Unit employees in bargaining unit 01 and Security Supervisors Unit employees in bargaining unit 61|
3/30/2000 for Administration pay period
1 Lag, checks dated 4/26/2000.
4/6/2000 for Institution pay period 1 Lag, checks dated 5/4/2000.
Agreements between the State and NYS
Correctional Officers & Police Benevolent Association (BU 01) and the
State and Council 82 (BU 61) provide for the payment of Performance Advances
and Longevity Payments in April.
1. Payable to employees whose base salary is below the job rate of their current grade and who have 100 days of increment service in the fiscal year 1998-1999 and are subject to the one year increment deferral system.
2. Payable to employees whose base salary is below the job rate of their current grade and who have 100 days of increment service in the fiscal year 1999-2000 and are not subject to the one year increment deferral system.
Payable to employees who complete 10, 15 or 20 years of continuous service in the Security Units.
OSC will automatically apply the
Performance Advance from the October 1, 1998 salary schedule for the
Security Units, based on the four digit increment code in the record. The
third digit designates the status of the employee's base salary and the
fourth digit identifies the year in which the next longevity payment is due.
The row will read Pay Rt Chg/Perf Adv with an effective date of 3/30/2000
for Administration and 4/6/2000 for Institution. The Perf Adv row will be
inserted in the employees record after OSC has approved all agency Job
requests for period 1L.
OSC will automatically calculate the new amount of Pre-Shift Briefing Pay for employees who receive an increase due to an automatic performance advance in period 1L. OSC will insert a row in the Additional Pay Panel to reflect the increase. OSC will not increase the amount of Pre-Shift Briefing pay for employees currently receiving $48.00.
In period 1L, OSC will correct the salary for actions submitted on the Job Data panels with an effective date after the first day of period 1L.
After OSC completes the audit for pay
period 26 for Administration and pay period 27 for Institution, the
following listing will be sent to agencies, if applicable:
Employees whose Position number and NYS Position number are the same and whose Job Data record does not match the Position Data record (Barg. Unit, Sal Admin Plan, Grade)
After pay period 1L is processed, agencies will receive one copy of each of the following :
1. Employees who received an automatic performance advance
2. Employees who did not receive an automatic performance advance (i.e. increment code missing, FIS missing, FIS below current, Sal below minimum)
3. Employees who received an increase in Pre-Shift Briefing Pay due to an automatic performance advance
4. Employees with increment code 00X0 in the records. This listing identifies employees who, when the increment code was entered into the record, were projected to be eligible to receive a longevity payment sometime during the 2000-2001 fiscal year. Agencies must review this listing to determine when the employee completes the 10, 15 or 20 year service requirement.
1. For employees whose Position number and
NYS Position number are the same and whose Job Data records do not match
Position Data (Barg. Unit, Sal Admin Plan and Grade), no automatic
performance advances will be processed, unless the agency:
requests a position change on the Job Action Request panel to change the employee's position number or assign a NYS position number. The agency must use the appropriate effective date and should not include the April, 2000 Performance Advance in the salary requested
notifies Chris Nolette in the OSC Position Unit at (518) 474-7658 to correct the position attributes to agree with the information on the Job Data panel
The Performance Advance will be automatically applied, if applicable, based on the Increment Code.
2. For Position or Pay Changes resulting in a change in annual salary effective the first day of period 1L or prior, agencies should NOT manually process the Performance Advance for period 1. The Increment Code entered by the agency should be the "current" increment code for 2000. OSC will automatically apply the Performance Advance in period 1, if applicable.
3. For Position or Pay Changes resulting in a change in annual salary AFTER the first day of Period 1L, agencies must include the automatic Performance Advance in the reported salary to OSC. Report the projected increment code for the year 2001.
4. To report an employee NOT due an automatic performance advance in period 1L, agencies must use the Action of Data Chg on the job request panel and the reason USP (UNSAT PERF). Use the first day of Period 1L as the effective date. Enter the correct increment code for 2000. The agency must report the employee's current salary with the UNSAT PERF transaction. An automatic advance will not be paid to these employees.
|Time Entry||To report earnings (e.g. overtime), it is necessary to enter multiple rows if the earnings dates being reported overlap the effective date of the Performance Advance/Longevity Payment. The first row must be inserted to report earnings prior to the effective date of the salary change and a second row inserted with the dates equal to and after the effective date of the salary change.|
Questions on this bulletin concerning
salary entitlement should be directed to the Salary Determination mailbox.
Questions concerning PaySR processing should be directed to the Payroll Audit mailbox.