The New York State Common Retirement Fund's (Fund) 2022 broker selection process is open through May 13, 2022.
All broker-dealers are encouraged to apply, including emerging, minority- and women-owned and disabled veteran-owned broker-dealers.
As part of the due diligence process, and prior to the approval of any broker as eligible to execute transactions for the Fund, the Fund will require background checks of key personnel and employees of the broker who are directly responsible for the Fund relationship. Upon request, the designated individuals will be expected to promptly provide individual signed release forms permitting the background investigations. A similar background investigation process will also be required for any changes in primary or secondary coverage following a firm’s initial approval.
In addition, the broker is required to certify that they:
- Are familiar with restrictions on accepting gifts and hospitality that apply to Fund staff as State employees;
- Will provide training to its employees on these restrictions;
- Will monitor its employees for compliance with such restrictions; and
- Will promptly notify the OSC Special Counsel for Ethics, the Fund's Director of Compliance and the OSC Inspector General at [email protected] in the event it becomes aware of a violation of such restrictions.
To be considered for the Fund's Approved Broker list:
- Email [email protected], and
- Indicate if you'd like a Questionnaire for Equity or Fixed Income execution (or both).
You will then be sent the applicable links and instructions. The Fund must receive your completed Questionnaire(s) by May 13, 2022 to be considered in the 2022 annual broker selection process.
Contact Fund Compliance at [email protected].