Join Our Team
New York taxpayers rely on public servants to ensure their tax dollars are being used to improve the quality of life for millions of New Yorkers across the state.
At the Office of the State Comptroller, you can build a career with purpose and meaning by making government work effectively for all. We are looking for people with skills, experience and vision. We aim to have a staff that reflects the diversity of New York and represents the people who make New York the greatest state in the nation.
As part of our team, you will help address critical issues that directly affect the quality of life for all New Yorkers. We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
For more information, contact the Recruitment Unit at [email protected].
Our auditors use innovative technologies to analyze organizations and programs that touch every aspect of our lives, including public health, education, the environment, State and local government budgets, and more.
Information Technology Specialists
Our information technology team provides support for departments and end users throughout the agency, and ensure computer hardware, software, networks and servers are reliable and secure.
The Future Forward Internship Academy offers students an opportunity to participate in an unpaid, balanced, academic and experiential program offering up to 13 semester credit hours. All majors will be considered.
Applications for our Summer 2023 Session will be accepted beginning November 1, 2022.
The Office of the State Comptroller offers competitive salaries and benefits, and opportunities for advancement, continuing education and professional development. We provide a professional environment where employees are encouraged to push themselves while maintaining work-life balance.
A Full-Range of Insurance Options
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance packages (including prescription drug coverage) available to all employees and their dependents.
- Opt-Out Program allows eligible employees, who have other employer-sponsored group health insurance, to opt-out of their insurance coverage in exchange for an incentive payment.
- Productivity Enhancement Program (PEP) allows eligible employees to exchange previously accrued leave in return for a credit to be applied toward their health insurance premiums on a bi-weekly basis.
- NYPERL long-term care, short and long-term disability insurance and life insurance.
Paid time off (for union-represented employees)
- 13 vacations days, 13 sick days, and 5 personal days annually
- 13 paid holidays annually
Flex spending accounts
- Health Care Spending Account – provides employees the opportunity to pay for health-related expenses with tax-free dollars.
- Dependent Care Advantage Account – provides employees the opportunity to pay for child care, elder care or other dependent care expenses on a pre-tax basis.
Continuous Learning Environment
- We’re committed to a continuous learning environment that helps employees realize their full potential.
- Tuition assistance available contingent upon contract negotiations.
The Office of the New York State Comptroller is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer