Determine whether School officials accurately compensated employees.
- We reviewed salaries paid to 24 employees totaling $1.4 million for the period July 1, 2016 through January 7, 2018. Except for some minor discrepancies, employees were accurately paid.
- School officials did not update employee salaries included in offer of employment letters when salary changes were made.
- The Board did not formally approve the health insurance opt-out program and the leave benefits for maintenance employees.
- Adopt a policy to provide detailed guidance for School officials to ensure any changes in salary or pay rate are properly authorized, approved and documented.
- Formally approve benefits provided or paid to School employees.
School officials agreed with our recommendations and indicated they planned to initiate corrective action.