Purpose of Audit
The purpose of our audit was to determine whether the Board provided adequate oversight of the District’s financial operations for the period January 1, 2014 through April 1, 2015.
The Pultneyville Fire District is a district corporation of the State, distinct and separate from the Town of Williamson, Wayne County, in which it is located. The District is governed by an elected five-member Board of Fire Commissioners. Budgeted appropriations for 2015 total $132,950.
- The Board has not adopted an investment policy, which is required by State General Municipal Law.
- The Board does not review monthly bank statements and the related reconciliations and canceled check images.
- The Board did not complete, or contract with an independent account to complete, an annual audit of the District’s financial records.
- Adopt an investment policy.
- Review the Treasurer’s monthly bank statements and the related reconciliations and canceled check images.
- Ensure that the Treasurer’s financial records are audited annually.