Determine if District officials properly administer the length of service award program (LOSAP).
- The District’s LOSAP policy is not consistent with New York State General Municipal Law (GML) as the policy does not award points for certain activities in accordance with GML.
- The 2016 and 2017 LOSAP records for 27 members did not sufficiently support 322 points awarded.
- Four members may not have earned the required 50 points to be credited for a year of service.
- Revise the LOSAP policy to be consistent with GML.
- Award points based on proper support.
District officials agreed with our recommendations and indicated they are initiating corrective action.