- The participating municipalities entered into an intermunicipal agreement to govern the Commission.
- Collections were adequately documented and deposited.
- The Board ensured that claims were properly audited, adequately supported and for a legitimate purpose.
- Town and Village officials did not enter into a written intermunicipal agreement.
- The Board cannot ensure all collections were remitted and deposited.
- Claims were not audited before payment.
- Enter into a written intermunicipal agreement.
- Issue press-numbered duplicate receipts for any cash, checks or money orders received.
- Audit all claims before payment.
Commission officials generally agreed with our recommendations and have initiated, or indicated they planned to initiate, corrective action.