Determine whether the Town Justices collected, recorded and reported all fines, fees and bail accurately and made bank deposits timely and intact.
- Justice Wilbanks made 83 percent of bank deposits from three to 67 days late.
- The Justices’ cash balances exceeded known liabilities by a combined total of $4,728 as of April 30, 2018.
- The Justices did not maintain accurate outstanding bail reports.
- Ensure deposits are made within 72 hours of collection.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and accountabilities. Investigate any difference.
- Reconcile bail reports to bail on deposit.
Town officials generally agreed with our recommendations and have initiated, or indicated they planned to initiate corrective action.