Determine whether all money held by the Justice Court are identifiable and disbursed to appropriate parties.
- The Justices did not prepare monthly accountabilities or maintain sufficient records to identify outstanding balances.
- The Court has a shortage of $370 and unidentified funds of $8,207.
The current Justice should:
- Prepare a list of Court liabilities and compare it to reconciled bank balances.
- Pay unidentified funds to the JCF.
The Board should:
- Consult with legal counsel on how to rectify the $370 shortage.
Town officials agreed with our recommendations and indicated they planned to take corrective action.