Determine whether the Board provided adequate oversight of financial operations.
The Board did not:
- Audit private fund claims and did not approve other claims before payment.
- Provide adequate oversight of private funds.
- Adopt sufficient financial and IT policies.
- Audit all claims, including private funds claims, before payment.
- Adopt additional financial and IT policies and review and revise the bylaws and policies.
- Ensure the Board receives sufficient financial information, including details of private funds.
Library officials agreed with our recommendations and indicated they planned to initiate corrective action