Purpose of Audit
The purpose of our audit was to determine whether District officials ensured online banking transactions were appropriate for the period July 1, 2015 through December 31, 2016.
The Morrisville-Eaton Central School District is located in the Towns of Eaton, Fenner, Lebanon, Lincoln, Nelson, Smithfield and Stockbridge in Madison County. The District, which has approximately 660 students, is governed by an elected five-member Board of Education. Budgeted appropriations for the 2016-17 fiscal year totaled approximately $15.3 million.
- The Board did not adopt an online banking policy defining authorization, process and monitoring of online banking transactions.
- District officials did not properly review online banking transactions or use a designated computer for online banking transactions.
- Not all employees involved in the online banking process have received Internet security awareness training.
- Adopt online banking policies and procedures.
- Ensure all online banking transactions are reviewed in a timely manner and designate one computer to be used strictly for online banking transactions.
- Provide Internet security awareness training to involved employees.