Determine whether District officials ensured online banking transactions were appropriate and secure.
- Officials lacked adequate bank agreements for online banking transactions.
- The Board did not adopt an online banking policy and officials did not develop procedures to adequately segregate online banking duties.
- Officials did not ensure that authorized access to online bank accounts was limited or provide users with cyber security training.
In addition, sensitive information technology (IT) control weaknesses were communicated confidentially to District officials.
- Obtain adequate bank agreements and become familiar with them.
- Adopt online banking policies and procedures.
- Designate one computer to be used strictly for online banking transactions.
- Address the IT recommendations communicated confidentially