Determine whether Wyoming Central School District (District) officials used a competitive method to procure professional services and entered into written agreements with service providers.
District officials did not always use a competitive method to procure professional services or enter into written agreements with service providers.
- The District paid 11 professional service providers a total of $189,000 without using requests for proposals (RFPs) as required by the District’s procurement policy. The remaining three professional service providers were competitively sought.
- The District did not have written agreements with three professional service providers who were paid a total of $50,000.
- Procure professional services in accordance with District policy.
- Ensure any deviations from the procurement policy for unique situations or extenuating circumstances are approved by the Board and documented in the minutes.
- Enter into written agreements establishing the services to be provided and the basis for compensation.
District officials agreed with our recommendations and indicated they are implementing corrective action.