Determine whether the Lake Pleasant Central School District (District) used its resources to maintain a website that provided the public with transparent and comprehensive financial information.
District officials maintained a website but certain financial information was not posted, resulting in a lack of transparency. Information that was posted was limited in comprehensiveness. This prevents taxpayers and other interested parties from readily accessing and reviewing documents to make informed decisions.
Officials did not post:
- The final annual budget and audit reports.
- Comprehensive budget-to-actual results and corrective action plan (CAP) to the external audit in an easily accessible location.
Officials did not prepare:
- A multiyear financial plan. Posting a prepared plan further enhances the transparency of the District’s fiscal decisions.
- Post the final annual budget and audit reports.
- Post the comprehensive budget-to-actual results and an external audit CAP in an easily accessible location.
- Prepare and post a multiyear financial plan to help residents see the impact of fiscal decisions over time.
District officials agreed with our recommendations and indicated they will take corrective action.