Determine whether the Supervisors maintained complete, accurate and up-to-date accounting records and reports to allow the Board to properly manage the Town’s finances.
- The Supervisors did not maintain, nor require their bookkeeper to maintain complete, accurate and up-to- date accounting records and reports.
- The bookkeeper did not record all expenditures in the general and highway funds in a timely manner.
- The annual update document (AUD) was not filed in a timely manner for the 2017 fiscal year.
The Supervisor should:
- Periodically review the bookkeeper’s work to ensure that all financial activity is accurately and completely accounted for.
- Develop a plan for updating and maintaining the accounting records and filing the AUD in a timely manner.
Town officials did not provide a written response for this report.