Determine if the Supervisor adequately fulfilled his fiscal responsibilities.
- The Supervisor did not adequately fulfill his fiscal responsibilities because he failed to provide oversight of the Bookkeeper, who performs all financial duties, including online banking, on her personal computer.
- Adequate accounting records were not maintained.
The Supervisor should:
- Collect, disburse and maintain custody of all Town funds in accordance with policies, procedures and Town Law.
- Provide proper oversight of the bookkeeper.
- Maintain adequate accounting records.
Town officials generally agreed with our recommendations and stated they initiated corrective action. Appendix B includes our comment on an issue that was raised in the Town’s response letter.