- The Village seeks competition for professional service providers and for purchases that are below the bidding threshold.
- The Board conducts a proper audit of claims.
- The Village’s check signing process is adequate.
- Village officials did not seek competition for nine of 10 professional service providers paid $733,497.
- The Board did not audit individual claims.
- The Mayor does not maintain custody of his signature stamps.
The Board should:
- Procure professional services through a competitive process.
- Conduct a deliberate and thorough audit of every claim.
Except as specified in Appendix A, officials agreed with our recommendations. Appendix B includes our comments on the Village’s response.