In July, the Office of the State Comptroller approved 1,627 contracts for state agencies and public authorities valued at $2.9 billion and approved more than 1.8 million payments worth nearly $7.9 billion. The office rejected 123 contracts and related transactions valued at $250 million and nearly 1,300 payments valued at more than $9.8 million. More information on these contracts and payments is available at www.openbooknewyork.com.
Major Contracts Approved
Department of Agriculture & Markets
- $16.6 million with Triangle Talent, LLC for entertainment booking services at the New York State fairgrounds.
Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control
- $1.2 million with New York State Industries for the Disabled, Inc. for document scanning services.
- $1.1 million with Sovos Compliance, LLC for a brand labeling registration system.
Department of Correctional Services – Corcraft
- $4.1 million with Avery Dennison Corporation for reflective license plate sheeting.
Department of Environmental Conservation
- $4 million to New York City for municipal waste reduction and recycling programs.
- $1.1 million with Moor-Clark USA, Inc. for fish food at state hatcheries.
- $1.1 million with Rensselaer Plateau Alliance, Inc. to purchase land in Rensselaer County.
Office of General Services
- $8.7 million with Castleton Power, LLC for natural gas pipeline capacity.
- $4.8 million with New York State Industries for the Disabled, Inc. for custodial services at the Ten Eyck State Office Building in Albany.
- $4 million with AllCon Contracting Corp., for building upgrades at the Department of Transportation regional office in Nassau County.
- $3.6 million with Lupini Construction, Inc., for roof replacement and other repairs for the Department of Environmental Conservation headquarters in Albany.
Department of Motor Vehicles
- $1.1 million with Cathedral Corporation to print and mail registration renewals.
Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation
- $1.4 million with Adjo Contracting Corp. for sanitary improvements at Captree State Park in Suffolk County.
- $1.2 million with BBA, Inc. for bathroom rehabilitation at Saratoga Spa State Park in Saratoga County.
Office for People with Developmental Disabilities
- $3.5 million with New Hartford Psychiatric Services for psychiatric services at the Broome Developmental Disabilities Service Office.
- $2.7 million with New York State Industries for the Disabled, Inc. for janitorial services at the O.D. Heck Developmental Center.
Office of the State Comptroller
- $1.2 million with Ricoh USA, Inc. for mail processing machines.
State University of New York
- $7.1 million with Fahlgren, Inc. for media planning and purchases at SUNY Buffalo.
- $1.7 million with The Research Foundation for the State University of New York for work plan training at SUNY Albany.
Department of Transportation
- $4.8 million with Hanson Aggregates New York, LLC for pavement rehabilitation on Route 5 in Herkimer County.
- $1.9 million with Doyle Contracting, Inc. for repair of storm water catch basins along the Taconic State Parkway in Dutchess County.
- $1.6 million with CCI Companies, Inc. for roundabout construction at Routes 30 and 30A in Fulton County.
- $1.4 million with D&H Excavating, Inc. for pavement resurfacing and drainage repairs in Erie County.
Major Payments Approved
- $227 million for 125,000 personal income tax refunds.
- $96.9 million for 24,000 corporate and other refunds.
- $19.3 million for 29,500 property tax credits.
Department of Agriculture and Markets
- $3.5 million to the NYS Federation of Growers’ & Processors’ Association, Inc. to provide early childhood education and social services under the Agri-Business Child Development Program.
Department of Civil Service
- $235.2 million to CVS Caremark to provide pharmacy benefit services for the Empire, Excelsior, and Student Employee Health plans.
- $27.8 million to Beacon Health Options, Inc. for the New York State Health Insurance Program (NYSHIP) Mental Health & Substance Abuse Program.
Empire State Development Corporationp
- $5.3 million to Tappan Zee Constructors, LLC for the New NY Bridge Project.
- $3.2 million to the Northeast UAS Airspace Integration Research Alliance, Inc. (NUAIR) for design, procurement, and installation of a radar/sensor test corridor for unmanned aircraft systems from Syracuse to Rome.
- $3 million to Welch Allyn, Inc. to retrofit existing space and construct a new warehouse distribution facility in Skaneateles.
- $1.6 million to S77 LLC to transform a vacant school in Buffalo into a mixed-use facility for affordable housing, commercial and community use.
- $1.4 million to HNTB New York Engineering and Architecture, PC for engineering services for the New NY Bridge Project.
- $9.8 million for gaming revenue distributions from the Tioga Downs, Rivers, Montreign, and Del Lago casinos to 26 local governments in various counties.
- $6.6 million for tribal compact payments to Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Jefferson, Niagara, St. Lawrence, and Warren counties.
Office of General Services
- $12.5 million for hourly-based IT services, including $2.5 million to PSI International, Inc., $2.1 million to MVP Consulting Plus, Inc., $1.7 million to IIT, Inc. and $6.2 million to 16 other vendors.
- $4.5 million to Prismatic Development Corporation for building renovations for the Manhattan Forensic Relocation project at the Manhattan Psychiatric Center in New York City.
Department of Health
- $17.9 million to Maximus, Inc. for assistance with the Health Benefit Exchange, including insurance enrollment and call center operations.
- $12.5 million to New York eHealth Collaborative, Inc. for the Statewide Health Information Network for New York.
Department of Homeland Security
- $27.3 million for the Urban Area Security Initiative Program (UASI), including $25.7 million to New York City and $1.6 million to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
Department of Transportation
- $8.5 million to Granite Construction Northeast, Inc. for replacement of the Kosciuszko Bridge in Kings County.
- $6.9 million to Yonkers Contracting Company, Inc. to reconstruct Exit 131 at the intersection of Routes 17 and 32 in Orange County.
- $3.2 million to ECCO III Enterprises, Inc. for the Kew Gardens Interchange project in Queens County.
- $2.3 million to Lancaster Development and Tully Construction Co., LLC for reconstruction of the I-81 and NY 17 Interchange in Broome County.
Unified Court System
- $8.5 million to The Legal Aid Society for the Attorneys for Children Program.
Payment Rejections and Other Cost Recoveries
The office rejected nearly 1,300 payments valued at more than $9.8 million, including tax refunds and credits valued at nearly $1.4 million. The Comptroller’s auditors also recovered more than $56,000 from vendors owing debts to the state, and held payments of more than $180,000 pending resolution of disputes between subcontractors and prime contractors.
Cumulatively through July for calendar year 2019, the Comptroller’s office has approved 11,260 contracts valued at $47.5 billion and approved more than 19.2 million payments worth nearly $89 billion. The office has rejected 974 contracts and related transactions valued at $3.5 billion and more than 24,600 payments valued at more than $169 million primarily due to errors, improprieties or lack of documentation.
Find out how your government money is spent at Open Book New York. Track municipal spending, the state's 160,000 contracts, billions in state payments and public authority data. Visit the Reading Room for contract FOIL requests, bid protest decisions and commonly requested data, including Legislative travel and per diem expenses.