Getting Certified for Local & Municipal Employers
In 2019, you’ll use Retirement Online for reporting and member enrollment. We want to make sure your organization has the training and support it needs to use Retirement Online. Completing the certification process will ensure your organization is fully prepared to take advantage of the improvements offered in Retirement Online. NYSLRS will provide support for you every step of the way. Once certified, there will be many opportunities to practice and refresh your skills before the upgrades are live.
Employers must complete three certification levels to use Retirement Online: Bronze, Silver and Gold.
|Certification Levels||Requirements to Complete||What You Can Do|
Interactive training is a crucial part of Silver and Gold Certification. The following kinds of training are available to you:
- Virtual instructor-led training — webinars where instructors take you through the training step by step
- Self-paced training — online courses you can take on your own
You’ll also receive access to a dedicated training environment. In the training environment, you will have hands-on practice doing the reporting and enrollment tasks you’ll perform in Retirement Online. Based on the security roles you assign, our training team will reach out to your employer contacts to schedule your hands-on session.
Do you need to complete a course for certification? Want to refresh your skills? Please see our list of courses below:
Self-paced training for Silver Certification:
- Employer Reporting Fundamentals — Legacy Reporting
- Employer Reporting Fundamentals — Manual Reporting
- Member Enrollment Fundamentals — Local
- Employer Notifications Fundamentals