Under this special plan, service as an officer of the New York State Division of State Police is creditable. You may also receive credit for service as a:
- Police officer in the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation;
- Police officer or member of a police force or department of a State park authority or commission;
- Police officer for the State University of New York (maximum of five years), if you completed 20 years of service and successfully completed a course of law enforcement training within two years of the date of your appointment;
- Member of the New York State Office of General Services Capital Police force;
- Police officer or member of a police force or department of an organized police force or department of a county, city, town, village, police district or authority; or
- Police service transferred from the Metropolitan Transportation Authority Police Pension Fund.
The following service would not be creditable:
- Sheriff, undersheriff, and deputy sheriff service;
- Detective investigator service in the office of a district attorney;
- Service as uniformed personnel in institutions under the jurisdiction of the Department of Corrections and Community Supervision; or
- Service as a paid firefighter for an employer that participates in PFRS.