World Trade Center Presumption

Applying for Reclassification

To apply for a reclassification of your service or disability retirement benefit to an accidental disability retirement benefit, you must:

If you do not file for reclassification on or before September 11, 2022, you must still file an Application for World Trade Center Notice (RS6047-N) by that date to be eligible for reclassification should you become disabled in the future.

Note: Your employer, at the time of your retirement, will be given an opportunity to make a statement regarding your reclassification application.