Below is a list of the phone menu options available to NYSLRS retirees. Many of the options allow you to access your records, find general information and request forms 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Albany, New York area: 518-474-7736
To access the self-service menus, you will be asked to enter the last four digits of your Social Security number and your date of birth. We need this information to verify that you are a NYSLRS retiree or beneficiary and the services you request from our automated information line are available to you.
If you have an open request in process with NYSLRS (for example, a change of address), you will be asked if you want to hear about that first.
The numbers below correspond to the numbers you will need to press on your phone for information. In most cases, if you are a retiree or beneficiary, you will press #2 from the main menu to find the information you're looking for.
#1 NYSLRS Employers
#2 NYSLRS Member, Retiree or Beneficiary
(You will be asked for the last four digits of your Social Security number and your date of birth so that we can locate your account information.)
#3 Death of a Member or Retiree
- If you are calling to report the death of a member or retiree.
- For questions about correspondence received due to the death of a member or retiree.
If you pressed #2 above, you’ll be able to access the categories of information listed below. Press the number(s) that corresponds to the information you're looking for or the action you would like to take.
1 – Lost, Stolen or Late Check — If you have not received your check and it has been more than eight days since it was mailed to you, or to receive general information or stop payment on a check you believe is lost or stolen.
2 – Direct Deposit
- Enroll or revise direct deposit — Have an enrollment application mailed to your home to sign up for direct deposit or to change your existing account information.
- Assistance with current direct deposit enrollment — Speak with a customer service representative during regular business hours.
3 – Retirement Online
- For password reset.
- For assistance with registering for Retirement Online.
- For technical assistance with Retirement Online.
4 – Tax-Related Services
- Hear general information.
- Hear information about your current federal withholding status.
- To request a W-4P form.
5 – COLA Eligibility — For information about cost-of-living adjustments (COLA), and whether you are eligible.
If you are already eligible for COLA, you will hear the date you became eligible and the current percentage increase.
If you are not yet eligible for COLA, you will hear these options:
- To speak with a customer service representative.
- To return to the main menu.
- To end the call.
6 – Forms — If you want forms mailed to your home address, we will ask you to verify your ZIP code. If your ZIP code doesn’t match our records, you’ll be connected to a customer service representative. Visit our Update Your Contact Information page to find out how to update your address.
1. To receive a direct deposit form.
2. To receive a W-4P form.
3. To receive a beneficiary form.
4. To receive a death benefit beneficiary form.
5. To receive an income verification letter.
7. To repeat these options.
8. To return to previous menu.
9. To return to the main menu.
0. To speak with a customer service representative.