To inform agencies of the timeline for the conversion of the account codes in PayServ to the statewide chart of accounts used today in the SFS.
The accounting, reporting and payroll distribution data for all employees paid through PayServ will be affected.
The State adopted a new Chart of Accounts (COA) in 2012 when it implemented the Statewide Financial System. OSC is now aligning personal service charges with the new COA. Following this conversion, agencies will be able to compare data across PayServ and SFS, allowing for easier reconciliation of payroll charges.
OSC has finalized their conversion plan and is informing agencies what the timeline is and how they will be impacted.
Institution pay checks dated April 2, 2015 and
Administration pay checks dated April 8, 2015
OSC Conversion Timeline:
- March 2, 2015 – This will be the last day for agencies to make position pool changes on the Position Pool table prior to conversion. (Agencies will be able to update Position Data with already existing Pool Data)
- March 3, 2015 – Position Pool Moratorium – Agency security will be updated to not allow agencies to modify the Position Pool Table. Users will have ‘read only’ access to the Position Pool Table.
- March 4, 2015 – OSC Payroll will release a list of the legacy account codes that were mapped to the position pools as of 3/2/2015 and what they will convert to for the April paychecks.
- March 20, 2015 – OSC conversion begins. As of the first paycheck in April, 2015 (Institution check dated 04/02/2015), all reports, queries and online pages will now display the new SFS statewide chartfield strings.
- March 24, 2015 – Early confirm for the Institution pay check dated April 2, 2015 (See revised Bulletin P-1311 for more information regarding the submission schedule).
- April 17, 2015 / SFS EE1 upgrade complete – Agencies will be allowed access to make chartfield changes to the position pools for paychecks April 30, 2015 and forward.
All changes to position pools must be completed by close of business on March 2, 2015. PayServ will be using the mapped data from SFS as of March 18, 2015.
See revised Bulletin P-1311 for more information regarding the Submission Schedule and Availability of Reports and Files.
Once the SFS EE1 upgrade is completed and the system is open to all agency users, OSC Payroll will then open the security to allow the agencies to make changes to the position pools in PayServ using the new Department Budget Table USA, earnings page.
Job Aids for this process will be made available in a separate bulletin to be released soon.
Questions may be directed to System Support Group at [email protected].
Please include the bulletin number in the Subject line of all emails pertaining to this bulletin.