To inform agencies of the revised timeline for the testing and conversion of the account codes in PayServ to the statewide COA used today in the SFS.
The State adopted a new COA in 2012 when it implemented the Statewide Financial System. OSC is now aligning personal service charges with the new COA. Following this conversion, agencies will be able to compare data across PayServ and SFS, allowing for easier reconciliation of payroll charges.
Due to the delay in the SFS EE1 project, the PayServ conversion schedule has been adjusted to accommodate the potential impact to agencies and allow for additional testing by OSC and agencies. SFS will continue to use the current cost center mapping (COA Profile) to provide PayServ with the valid chartfield strings until the EE1 project is completed.
Administration pay checks dated June 3, 2015 and
Institution pay checks dated June 11, 2015
OSC Conversion Timeline:
- May 4, 2015 – The last day for agencies to make position pool changes prior to conversion. (Agencies will be able to update Position Data with existing position pool data)
- May 5, 2015 – Position Pool Moratorium – Agency security will be updated on the Position Pool Table to read only access for agency users.
- May 6, 2015 – OSC will release a list of the legacy account codes that were mapped to the position pools as of May 4, 2015 and what they will convert to for the paycheck June 3, 2015 and forward.
- May 19, 2015 – Early confirm for the Institution pay check dated May 28, 2015.
- May 21, 2015 – OSC conversion begins. As of the next paycheck (Administration check dated June 3, 2015), all reports, queries and online pages will now display the new SFS chartfield strings.
- June 1, 2015 – Position Pool Moratorium ends. Agencies will be allowed access to the Position Pool Table to make chartfield changes to the position pools for paychecks June 11, 2015 and forward.
OSC will continue to receive and release test files from the agencies. The agency test period will run from April 20, 2015 through May 8, 2015. If agencies would like to test new files or start receiving the interface test files (NHRP501, NHRP522 and NHRP521), a request should be made to OSC Payroll using the email indicated below.
Agencies should continue to test their interface files that are received from or submitted to OSC. Testing of these files will continue until May 8, 2015.
All changes to position pools must be completed by close of business on May 4, 2015.
Once the PayServ COA Conversion is completed, agency security will be modified to allow agencies to make changes to the position pools in PayServ using the new Department Budget Table USA, earnings page.
Job Aids for this process will be made available in a separate bulletin to be released soon.
Agencies should continue to map their cost centers in SFS for payroll using the COA Profile. This process will continue until the EE1 project is completed.
For the latest information on COA Conversion updates, agencies should visit the OSC Chart of Account Conversion page.
Questions may be directed to System Support Group at [email protected].
Please include the bulletin number in the Subject line of all emails pertaining to this bulletin.