To provide agency procedures for making Pre-Shift Briefing adjustments
Certain Security Supervisors Unit (Bargaining Unit 61) employees in the following agencies:
- Office of General Services
- Department of Correctional Services
- Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
- Department of Health
- Office of Mental Health
- Office of Mental Retardation
- State University of New York
Chapter 73 of the Laws of 2000, which implements the 1999-2003 Agreement for employees in the Security Supervisors Bargaining Unit (BU61), provides a minimum annual guarantee of $1,248 for Pre-Shift Briefing pay for employees who occupied positions in the Unit during the 2000-2001 fiscal year. For Security Supervisors who do not have a full fiscal year in Bargaining Unit 61, the annual minimum guarantee is pro-rated at $48.00 per pay period based on the length of service in a Supervisory position during the fiscal year.
A list of employees who held positions in BU61 at any time during the fiscal year and the amount of Pre-Shift Briefing paid in 2000-2001 will be mailed to the agency. The list will be sent to the agency in which the employee was last employed in a position in Bargaining Unit 61. The amount of Pre-Shift Briefing identified on the list is the amount of Pre-Shift Briefing paid in fiscal year 2000-2001. This amount includes any payments earned in fiscal year 1999-2000, but paid in fiscal year 2000-2001. If the employee received payments from more than one agency, the list identifies the total paid in all agencies.
For each employee who may have earned less than $1,248 during fiscal year 2000-2001:
- Calculate the amount of Pre-Shift Briefing the employee was eligible to earn in fiscal year 2000-2001.
- Determine the amount the employee was actually paid for Pre-Shift Briefing for fiscal year 2000-2001. Use the amount identified on the OSC provided list and subtract any amount paid in 2000-2001 that was actually earned in fiscal year 1999-2000 and add any amount paid in fiscal year 2001-2002 that was actually earned in 2000-2001. If necessary, contact the employee's previous agency to confirm the amount of Pre-Shift Briefing received.
- Determine the amount of Pre-Shift Briefing due by subtracting the total amount paid from the amount the employee was eligible to earn.
- Process the adjustment through the Time Entry panel as follows:
Earn Begin Date: Enter the last day of Period 26L (03/28/2001) for Administration agencies, and the last day of Period 26L (04/04/2001) for Institution agencies or, if the employee is inactive or in another Bargaining Unit on the last day of Period 26L, enter the last date paid in Bargaining Unit 61. Earn End Date: Same as the Begin Date Earnings Code: PS2 Amount: Enter the adjustment amount.
Questions about the adjustment may be referred to your payroll auditor.