To explain the procedures for payment of the 2001 Tool Allowance for salaried employees and the payment of the 1999, 2000, and 2001 payment for hourly employees
CSEA employees in Bargaining Unit 03 who meet the eligibility criteria defined below
Payment may be submitted in payroll period 7L, checks dated 7/18/01 for Administration and 7/26/01 for Institution
Eligibility Criteria and Amount
Pursuant to the terms of the State/CSEA 1999-2003 Agreement, a tool allowance of $150.00 is payable to eligible salaried employees who were active on the payroll in an eligible agency and title on the effective date of the payment, June 30, 2001.
Employees who are on an approved leave (including those on Workers' Compensation Leave) on June 30, 2001 are also eligible for the payment when they return to work, provided they return by April 1, 2002.
Eligible titles include:
- Motor Equipment Mechanic
- Maintenance Assistant Mechanic
- Body Shop Mechanic
- Motor Equipment Test Mechanic
- Motor Equipment Mechanic Supervisor
According to an understanding between the Governor's Office of Employee Relations and the Civil Service Employees Association, the tool allowance provision in Article 49.2 of the Agreement shall apply to hourly employees who meet the following eligibility criteria. Eligible employees will be entitled to payment for 1999, 2000, and/or 2001.
To be eligible for the tool allowance payment(s), the hourly employee must have:
- Worked at least nine (9) continuous months at half time, or more, prior to June 30, 1999 for the 1999 payment, June 30, 2000 for the 2000 payment, and June 30, 2001 for the 2001 payment
- Performed duties of automotive repair
- Been required by the State to provide a personal tool inventory for use in the performance of the employee's job
- Been active on the payroll on the following dates:
- For the 1999 payment, June 30, 1999
- For the 2000 payment, June 30, 2000
- For the 2001 payment, June 30, 2001
Eligible agencies include:
- Department of Environmental Conservation
- Department of Health
- Department of Transportation
- Division of State Police
- Office of General Services
- Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
Agency Payment Processing Instructions
The Tool Allowance payment is to be paid either through PaySR or by Standard Voucher.
Standard Vouchers are to be used to pay employee reimbursements when receipts are provided.
If no receipts are provided, the agency must submit the earn code TOL in the Time Entry panel using the following procedures:
|Earning Begin Date:||Enter 06/30/2001. For hourly employees, a row must be inserted for each eligible year (06/30/1999, 06/30/2000, and/or 06/30/2001).|
|Earning End Date:||Same as above|
The Tool Allowance is not pensionable and is not included in the calculation of overtime.
Payroll Register and Employee Paycheck
The $150.00 will be included in the employee's regular paycheck and is subject to payroll taxes and reported as ordinary income on the employee's W-2.
The earn code TOL and the amount will be displayed on the payroll register. The earn code description Tool Allow and the amount will be printed on the employee's pay stub or direct deposit advice.
Questions on eligibility should be directed to the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 473-7233.
Questions about payment processing may be directed to your payroll auditor.