To provide a listing of employee addresses that do not meet United States Postal Service standards for bar code mailing
NPAY766, Employee Address Report Not Barcodeable Report, contains employees' addresses that do not meet U.S. postal standards for bar code mailing. These addresses may look correct but are not acceptable as determined by analyses using Postal Service software. The report includes: Department ID, Employee ID, Name, and the non-bar code address, including zip code, as entered on the Personal Data 1 panel.
The report also includes total number of employees, total addresses not barcodeable and any foreign addresses for a Department.
Produce an updated report on a weekly basis. This update will be run on weekends.
- Review the report each pay period.
- Notify employees who have domestic non-bar code addresses.
- Advise employees to contact their local post office for a version of their address that meets US Postal Service bar code standards and provide that address to the payroll office.
- Inform employees that:
- A bar code address is not simply a zip code + 4 digit address. Street addresses, box numbers and apartment numbers may also be part of a bar code.
- Every post office has a Delivery Supervisor who can help find the correct address.
- Update employees' addresses using Personal Data 1 Panel.
NOTE: Foreign addresses are not barcodeable.
Questions regarding this bulletin may be directed to the Payroll Audit mailbox.