To explain OSC's automatic processing
Bargaining Units Affected
Certain employees in the following bargaining units:
- BU06 Management Confidential
- BU46 M/C Military and Naval Affairs
- BU66 M/C PERB
- BU52 M/C Commission on Investigation
- BU18 M/C State Police
- BU96 M/C SUNY Construction Fund
Administrative Cycle: 3/28/02
Institution Cycle: 4/04/02
Budget Bulletin D-1107 provides for maximum salary limitations and withholding policies for certain M/C employees.
General Salary increases and performance advances will not be given to certain MC employees earning $75,000 or more as follows:
- Non-statutory (not graded) positions, regardless of jurisdictional class
- Other statutory (not graded) correctional superintendents
- Statutory (graded) non-competitive positions which the Civil Service Commission has designated as policy influencing or confidential (PHI designation)
Employees who are in grade 600, with a bargaining unit of 06,18,46,52,66 or 96 and who received a 3.5% salary increase (SAC row) effective 3/28/02 for Administration or 4/4/02 for Institution will have an additional row inserted automatically to decrease their FTA salary when the following occurs:
- The employee's FTA salary prior to insertion of the 3.5% raise row (SAC) is equal to, or greater than, $75,000. OSC will insert a row effective 3/28/02 for Administration or 4/4/02 for Institution with an Action of Pay Rt Chg and a Reason of RWH (raise withheld) to decrease the FTA salary to the FTA salary immediately prior to the 3.5% raise.
- The employee's FTA salary prior to the insertion of the 3.5% raise row (SAC) is less than $75,000 and the 3.5% raise brings the FTA salary above $75,000. OSC will insert a row effective dated 3/28/02 for Administration or 4/4/02 for Institution with the Action of Pay Rt Chg and a Reason of RWH (raise withheld) to lower the FTA salary to the cap amount of $75,000.
For graded employees whose general salary increase and/or performance advance will be withheld pursuant to Budget Bulletin D-1107, OSC will manually change the raise row (SAC) effective 3/28/02 for Administration and 4/4/02 for Institution to:
- $75,000, or
- the previous FTA salary, or
- the hiring rate of the grade on the 4/1/02 salary schedule
which ever is greater.
All rows automatically or manually inserted will have an Increment code of 0402 to reflect the capping.
Refer to Payroll Bulletin 310 for additional agency information concerning reporting transactions in Period 1.
Questions regarding this bulletin may be directed to the Payroll Audit mailbox.