To explain OSC's automatic processing and provide instructions for payments not processed automatically.
Eligible Employees in the Following Bargaining Units (BU's) CSEA
- Administrative (BU 02)
- Operational (BU 03)
- Institutional (BU 04)
- Division of Military and Naval Affairs (BU 47)
- Rent Regulation Services (BU 67)
- Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services Unit (BU 05)
September 26, 2002 for Administration pay period 14L, checks dated October 23, 2002.
October 03, 2002 for Institution pay period 14L, checks dated October 31, 2002.
Agreements between the State and CSEA, DC-37 and PEF provided for the payment of performance advances to employees who serve at least one year, but not more than one and one-half years, before a performance advance is paid.
Employees must meet the following criteria:
- Their base annual salary is below the job rate for their current position, and
- They complete one year of service in the position by September 30, 2002, and
- They were rated "Satisfactory" or its equivalent on their last annual evaluation date.
NOTE: Agencies must manually enter performances advances for NS employees who are equated to a grade.
- OSC will automatically apply the Performance Advance from the appropriate April 1, 2002 CSEA, DC-37 or PS&T Salary Schedule, based on the four-digit increment code in the employee's record. The Action/Reason code is either Pay Rt Chg/Perf Adv (PAV) for employees with an increment code of 1001, or Pay Rt Chg/Prom Recal (PMR) for employees with an increment code of 1004, and an effective date of September 26, 2002 (Administration) or October 3, 2002 (Institution).
- The performance advance row will be inserted in the employee's record after OSC has approved all Job Requests submitted for period 14L.
- After the performance advances are processed, increment codes of 1003 will be updated to 1001 to prepare for the next October rating cycle.
- After the performance advances are processed, the following increment codes will be updated to prepare for the next rating cycle.
Current Code Update to 1001 Update to 0210 if new salary is the Job Rate of the grade. 1003 1001 1004 1001 or 0001 (based on anniversary date)
The following Reveal reports will be available for agency review the week of October 14, 2002 for Administration and October 21, 2002 for Institution payrolls. All reports will be sorted by agency code and then by employee name.
- Mass Increment Payment Report (NHRP704) - This Report identifies all employees who received the automatic increment payments and their increased salaries. Other fields on the report include Emplid, Employee Record #, Employee Name, Grade, Barg Unit, Pay Basis Code, Part Time Percentage, Action Reason and Increment Code.
- Mass Increment Payment Exception Report (NHRP708) - This report identifies employees who did not receive an automatic performance advance and one of the following explanations.
- FIS Missing
- FIS Below Current
- Increment Code Missing
- Increment Not Applied
- Salary Below Minimum
- Position and Job do not match
Fields on the report include Emplid, Employee Record #, Employee Name, Grade, Barg Unit, Pay Basis Code, Part Time Percentage and FTA Salary.
NS Employees Equated to Grade
NS (Grade 600) employees due an increment effective September 26, 2002 (Administration) or October 3, 2002 (Institution):
- Enter a request on the Job Action Request panel using Action/Reason code of Pay Rt Chg/Perf Adv (PAV) or Pay Rt Chg/Prom Recal (PRM).
Graded and NS Equated to Grade Employees
- Position or Pay Changes resulting in a change in annual salary effective ON or BEFORE the first day of period 14L: DO NOT include the Performance Advance Payment in the Salary Rate on the Job Action Request Panel. Submit the increment code that would have been effective if the transaction had been submitted in the earlier pay period. OSC will apply an automatic Performance Advance based on the increment code submitted.
- Position or Pay Changes resulting in a change in annual salary effective AFTER the first day of period 14L:
Include the automatic Performance Advance in the requested salary on the Job Request Panel and report the projected increment code for 2003.
- Employees rated "unsatisfactory":
Request a Data Change on the Job Action Request Panel, using the Reason Unsat (USP) and the increment code 1003.
Earnings Reported in the Time Entry Panel
Enter multiple rows if the earnings dates being reported overlap the effective date of the Performance Advance.
Questions regarding this bulletin may be directed to the Salary Determination mailbox.